INDIVIDUAL SOLUTIONS, CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR REQUIREMENTS
BA SOLUTIONS IN A NUTSHELL
THE RSM BUSINESS TOOLS
At RSM, you get Business Analytics solutions that are right for your company, whether they are reporting, data analytics or financial planning, retail, logistics or finance. From the basic analysis of your information needs to the automated sales report – RSM assists you on the complete path to the customized Business Analytics (BA) and Corporate Performance Management (CPM) system. With Management Information Hosting (MIH)™, we provide you with a complete information platform in a secure, private cloud environment.
The advantage: You receive well founded decision-making knowledge without excessive costs or effort, because we take over the technical administration for you.
Also for specific events (the regional turnover collapses, the production costs rise rapidly etc.) we place exactly defined measures in the information system. Scenario workshops are defined for this which are coordinated in the company and linked with a corresponding target key figure. If a deviation occurs, the system not only reports the incident, but also offers the specified action for approval.
BA AND CPM HELP RESPOND TO MARKET DEVELOPMENTS, REDUCE COSTS AND MAXIMIZE PROFIT – IN SHORT: TO DO BUSINESS SUCCESSFULLY!
BUSINESS ANALYTICS AND CPM
Sustainable corporate management – fit for the future
At RSM, you get Business Analytics solutions that are right for your company, whether they are reporting, data analytics or financial planning, retail, logistics or finance. From the basic analysis of your information needs to the automated sales report – RSM assists you on the complete path to the customized Business Analytics (BA) and Corporate Performance Management (CPM) system. With Management Information Hosting (MIH)™, we provide you with a complete information platform in a secure, private cloud environment. The advantage: You receive well founded decision-making knowledge without excessive costs or effort, because we take over the technical administration for you.
Constant compliance level by Continuous Auditing
Auditors require continuous review of system operations as a basis for proper financial statements. So far, the audit results of internal and external auditors and checkers often rely on random sampling, which means on the one hand a high manual effort for the participants and on the other hand a high risk potential for auditors and those being audited.
With Compliance Guard, it is now possible to implement a continuous, system-controlled check of the IT landscape. The automated, regular monitoring of the rules of the Internal Control System (ICS) leads to more security and reduced operating costs. Deviations are not only detected during an audit, rather they can be quickly determined and eliminated.
While applications today are operated automatically, system testing usually takes place manually and at great expense. By automating the audit processes, risks become transparent in a timely manner and can therefore be minimized.
System based auditing have other advantages: Complex dependencies of individual rules, risks and audit steps become clear and controllable. Meaningful evaluations of audit progress or results are available online at any time with appropriate authorizations. Role specific reports and charts are available to those responsible at any time. Continuous auditing can be centrally controlled and evaluated for any location. This lays the foundation for reducing liability risks, for example when outsourcing to data centers. Auditing processes become more efficient as your auditor or accountant can evaluate results online on a daily basis.
Overview of the advantages:
- Increase of the security level by means of continuous auditing rather than random sampling
- Simplified, automated testing
- Timely detection and elimination of security issues is possible
- Less monitoring effort, more transparency
- Automated evaluations and classification
- Standardization of the configuration
- Automated security policy monitoring
- Alerts for definable events
- Reduction of the liability risk for top management
- Concentrating employees on content rather than on routine processes
- Cost savings by efficient, standardized processes
- “Ready to audit” by the rule sets supplied
- Cost reduction for each control to be performed
Compliance Manager: Efficient recording and management of risks and controls
The compliance manager enables the online recording and administration of corporate risks and the corresponding controls. The information is stored in a database, can be called up via the browser and, in the case of a manual audit, is triggered and documented via appropriate process controls.
Different legal, sector-specific and product-specific rule sets can be stored in the form of structured audit records, e.g. by:
- Taking over existing guidelines into an automatically testable form
- Selecting guidelines from a catalog of standard rules and best practices
- Definition of own security guidelines
In terms of content, Policy Manager covers the complete spectrum of Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC). The product offers a first set of rules in Standard, which allows a quick start. Company and sector specific rules can easily be added.
Possible contents are for example:
- Sarbanes-Oxly Act (SOX)
- Eighth EU-Guideline
- Basel II
- German Commercial Code (HGB), International
- Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Statement on Auditing Standard (SAS 70)
- IDW (Institute of Auditors in Germany) Audit Standards (PS 331 & PS 951)
- Product specific security guidelines (e.g. SAP, Microsoft, Oracle)
- Best practices of IT governance and IT security (e.g. ITIL, CoBIT, BSI Basic guide)
- Specifications of the auditors
- Specific requirements of associations and sectors (such as railroad, insurance, banking, aviation, shipping)
- Internal corporate security policies
Compliance Manager | The advantages at a glance:
- Efficient documentation and evaluation of regular audits
- Structured procedure model for the collection of rules
- Graphical representation of the dependencies of rules and rule sets
- Process optimization by the use of Best Practices
- Optimized system configuration by means of consistent auditing of Best Practice rules
- Pooling expert knowledge in the Policy Repository
RSM supports making well founded decisions
Based on IBM Cognos software, we developed “Management Information Hosting” (MIH)™ and received the Cognos Innovation Awards Germany and Europe. The BA platform brings together and bundles capabilities for self-service reporting, ad-hoc queries, Multi-dimensional analytics, company planning, data mining, and financial consolidation. Everything specifically customized to your individual reporting and analysis requirements as well as sector-specific challenges, and at a fixed price. These functions are derived from the individual Private Cloud operated by RSM: This saves costs and increases flexibility. From data storage to maintenance, to system updates, we take over all the accompanying processes. The data are stored in the RSM data center. In addition, the highest level of security is ensured by encrypted data transmission. Simple layouts and intuitively operated dashboards facilitate the handling of the information system and they are browser-independent and optimized for all mobile devices. In this way, the architecture frees the user from all technical issues and creates the necessary freedom to concentrate fully on professional and business tasks.